Project 1 : Home Depot App. (App Definition Statement)
Collaborator: Liz Duration: 4 weeks
Home Depot App (Name TBD)
· Purpose: DIY tutorials and tools for home improvement projects with the option to have you project materials delivered or ready for pick up at the store.
· Who it’s for: makers, handy men, people who aspire to make household improvements
· How they’ll use it: There’s a “tool belt” to use while constructing which includes: levels, calculators, converters, etc. as well as step by step to tutorials and materials check lists get the job done.
· Core functionality: Get ready made DIY project packs or tools from your local home depot or have them delivered to your home or business. As well as a social feature to update and share your current projects for home improvement.
· Consolidated definition statement: App for Builders to streamline their tool kit and cut down on time looking for materials for a project using social sharing as a way for users to connect over home depot projects.
· Features that fit the definition: A phone-app level; background tracking/processing; server integration with CRM system; client record lookup for associating time tracked with project; photo component for sharing project progress.
Statement of Work (SOW)
Phase 1: due 4/10
UX: Research features
Design: demographic research
Phase 2: due 4/17
UX: task-flows, paper prototypes, user testing
Design: wire-frames, gather Home Depot brand assets
Phase 3: due 4/24
UX: Test wire-frames on users
Design: create Photoshop Comps
Phase 4: due 5/1
UX: AfterEffects presentation
Design: Respond to concerns in critique, build functioning prototype
Phase 1 User Research and Task Flows
After seeing some of the other groups present, features to make sure to consider: smartphone checkout in-store? intelligent group ing of checklist based on floor plan of local store and for the final presentation, I think it’s really convincing if the user persona’s photos are of them engaging in a smart phone.
The instructor’s feedback included this=> How to Make Bakery-Style Cupcakes – Snapguide.
Update 4-15-12: Sitemap
Update 4-17-13: Wireframes
Use the TAP framework (TAP – Fireworks touch prototype tool for iPhone, iPad – UNITiD.)
Update 4-26-13: I’ve passed off the wireframes to Liz, my visual designer and I am working on the presentation in InDesign for next week. Here’s the outline.
Update 4-29-30: Today, I worked on the App Video Walk-through Draft 1 and The Presentation (also Draft 1). Ready for some skins and adjusting the timing.
This entry was posted in App
. Bookmark the permalink