· Very clear understanding of requirements.
· Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of new technologies.
· Ability to assess design decisions early in the process.
· Ability for the customer to visualize early on the look-and-feel of the solution.
· Reduction in the overall risk of project failure.
Yesterday, Erik Fadiman recommended (after looking at wireframes) to try out the design suggested by them before going with them. This is called “proof of concept.” Today, I coded a few versions and showed them to one of my designers on the team. He insisted that we have the text or image come out from the triangle. After using CSS sprite and CSS transitions (using CSS Transition), I found Slide in Captions. This is helpful for Blaine to know that this design is possible before putting a lot of effort into a photoshop comp. Slide in Captions is CSS that uses hover state transitions with figure and caption tags. It is easy to implement and customize.
Proof of Concept for Project 3