Using my critiques as a checklist for next time:
- Consider content. What has it’s own formatting? (By that, I mean, are there documents in what you are designing that come a certain way, with the author signed at the bottom– that’s always flush right.)
- Consider non-content. Do not number pages with nothing on them.
- Decide information hierarchy. Small Caps or All Caps but not both. Simplify your system.
- In book design, right side is dominant.
- Look for widows. Don’t let those words be so lonely.
- Get the best resolution you can for your scanned in images.